Climate Change Summit at U-M
DATE: 11 a.m. Friday, Oct. 27, 2017
EVENT: The Climate Change Summit will feature seven rising stars in environmental sustainability and is intended to raise awareness and spark a conversation about climate change with the inaugural dean of the School for Environment and Sustainability, Jonathan Overpeck. The event is free and open to the public.
- Ben Bunker, chief executive officer, Global BrightLight Foundation
- Tara Houska, attorney and director, Honor the Earth
- Angel Hsu, director, Yale Data-Driven Environmental Solutions Group
- Ahmina Maxey, North American coordinator, Global Alliance for Incinerator Alternatives
- Kait Parker, meteorologist, weather.com and ABC News
- Varun Sivaram, Douglas Dillon Fellow and acting director, Council on Foreign Relations
- Sean Watkins, community manager, The Solutions Project
- Moderator: Jonathan Overpeck, dean, U-M School for Environment and Sustainability
PLACE: Rackham Auditorium, 915 E. Washington St., Ann Arbor
SPONSOR: U-M School for Environment and Sustainability
INFORMATION: The Climate Change Summit is held in conjunction with the opening ceremonies for the new School for Environment and Sustainability. All related events are listed at seas.umich.edu/opening_ceremonies.