U-M conference examines role of gender in Pakistan
DATE: 9:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Friday, April 7, 2017
EVENT: “U-M – Pakistan Conference: Gender & Sexuality”
This seventh annual conference, which is free to the public, will explore the role of gender in shaping everyday life, in shrines and piety movements, and in online spaces.
- Omar Kasmani (Institut für Sozial- und Kulturanthropologie, Freie Universitat, Berlin)
- Arsalan Khan (Union College)
- Nida Kirmani (Lahore University of Management Sciences)
- Faiza Mushtaq (Institute of Business Administration, Karachi)
- Nida Mushtaq and Shilo Shiv Suleman (Fearless Collective)
- Fizzah Sajjad (London School of Economics)
PLACE: Room 1636, School of Social Work Building, 1080 S. University Ave, Ann Arbor
SPONSORS: American Institute of Pakistan Studies, Institute for Research on Women & Gender, Islamic Studies Program, Residential College, Rackham Graduate School, LSA Central Student Government, Multi-Ethnic Student Affairs, Residence Halls Association, Newberry-Barbour Hall Council, East Quad, Office of Multicultural Initiatives, Asian, Pacific Islander American Studies, Penny W. Stamps School of Art & Design, and the departments of Anthropology, Asian Languages and Cultures, Communication Studies, History, History of Art, and Women’s Studies.